Prof. Dr. Abdoul Khadri Sillah
PLACE OF BIRTH: MANDINARI VLLAGE, KOMBO NORTH, WESTERN DIVISION, THE GAMBIA.
MARRITAL STATUS: MARRIED, AND A FATHER OF FOUR CHILDREN.
LANGUAGES: MANDINKA, THE MOTHER TONGUE, ARABIC, ENGLISH AND SOM FRENCH.
|CERTIFICATES||UNIVERSITY OR INSTITUTION||GRADE||Year|
|PHD in linguistics||Islamic University in Medina, K. S. A||Distinction||2007|
|Masters in linguistics||Islamic University in Medina, K. S. A||Distinction||2001|
|Bachelor in Arabic Language||Islamic University in Medina, K. S. A||Distinction||1996|
|Memorization of THE Holly Quran||Foundation of mother of Amir Thamir bin Abdoul Azize||Distinction||2007|
|Progress to Proficiency in English||English and Foreign Language University, Hyderabad, India||Distinction||2011|
|Advanced ENGLISH Language Program||American Cultural Center in Niamey, Niger||Successful completion||2010|
|Advanced FRENCH Language Course||THE Center For Developing skills in Islamic University in Medina, K. S. A||Distinction||2004|
|Supervision Skills||AI Rayyan Institute For Development||1427H|
|Writing Reports Skills||AI Rayyan Institute For Development||1427H|
|Optimizing Skills||AI Rayyan Institute For Development||1427H|
|Certificate of Appreciation||The University of The Gambia Islamic Association||2011|
|Certificate of Appreciation||World Federation of Muslim Scholars in Qatar in collaboration with Al-Ihsan University||2012|
RESEARCHES IN ARABIC LANGUAGE:
1- Linguistic Semantics and its Impact on differences of Juries by IBUN RUSHED “The Grandson)” AVERROSS” in his book ” BIDAYATUL MUJTAHID WA NIHAYATUL MUQTASID” (Dissertation Of PHD. Unpublished).
2- Phonetic Phenomena in the book ” MUHARARIL WAJIZ FI TAFSIRIL KITABIL AZIZ” by IBUN ATIYATUL GURINATY in the light of modern linguistics.(Dissertation OF Masters . Unpublished)
3- How to compile and deliver an impressive Khutuba (Summon). A class lecture in Summer Vacation Program as a resource person with African Muslim Agency in The Gambia, 2012.
RESEARCH ARTICLES WRITTEN IN ENGLISH:
1- FISHING IN THE GAMBIA
THIS RESEARCH PAPER WAS PRESENTED TO: THE ENGLISH AND FOREIGN LANGUAGES UNIVERSITY, IN HYDERABAD, INDIA, AS A COURSE REQUIREMENT IN (ADVANCE ENGLISH) WITHIN THE PROGRAMME KNOWN AS : “ International Training Programme (ITP)07/12/2011 (Unpublished)
2- Drugs and Intoxicants (Medical Viewpoints and Islamic perspectives (Prepared for Public lecture 2014) (Unpublished)
3-“Protection of Individuals’ Rights and Religious Freedom in Society:
A Comparative approach of Islamic and western Perspectives” (Unpublished)
1-PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Selection from Gambian Poems in Arabic and mandinka languages. (ARABIC). (presented in an international conference for Arabic language 06-10 Dubai 2015 and was published in the conference book V 7 p221-227.
- 3- Traditional Islamic Schools And its educational role in The Gambia. (presented in an international conference for Arabic language 06-10 Dubai 201 6and was published in conference E-Book, P 193-200. Here is the Link:
2- PUBLICATIONS (BOOKS)
- THE Importance of Arabic Language in understanding Islamic texts. (ARABIC). Published in 2010 while I was Islamic University in Niger.
- Arabic Language for All. Part one. (ARABIC). Published in 2015 and 2016
- Arabic Language for All. Part two. (ARABIC). Published in 2015 and 2016
3-OTHER PUBLICATIONS ( E-PUBLICATIONS, VIDEO, etc)
- MorphologyMade Easy (ARABIC). IT WAS PUBLISHED AS AN E-BOOK. 2014.
- ARABIC CUMMUNICATION SKILLS (ARABIC). IT WAS PUBLISHED AS AN E-BOOK.2015.
- True Muslim Student. (ENGLISH) Public lecture in youth camp with (FEGAMSO) 2013. The lecture was recorded by webcam and video and is available in the Net.( Facebook: Launching voice net Islamic Studio.
- AN IDEAL WAY OF GIVING (NASIHAH): ADVICE TO OTHERS: (ENGLISH). Class lecture in youth camp in old Yundum in (FIFA GOAL PROJECT COMPLEX with (FEGAMSO) 09/04/ 2013. The lecture was recorded by webcam and video and is available in the Net.( www: Launching voice Islamic Studio. Net
- – SCIENCE AND SOME SCIENTIFC MIRACLES IN THE HOLY QURAN. (ENGLISH). Class lecture in Summer Vacation Program as a resource person with African Muslim Agency in The Gambia, 2012.The lecture was recorded by webcam.
4- CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS
- Samples OF The Gambian Poetry in Arabic and Mandinka languages. (ARABIC) . (presented to African Islamic Manuscripts` seminar organized by Islamic University in Niger, In 18-19/02/2010)
- The Importance of knowledge in Humane life (ENGLISH).24/12/201, The Gambia Supreme Islamic Council’s Complex. Organized by Online Islamic University.
- The Authentic Way of Following the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.ph) (MANDINKA), Mandinary Yeroto Mosque 12/01/2014.
- Problems facing youths and students in our modern world and the remedies to it. (ENGLISH). African Muslim Agency Headquarters, Burufut. 25/03/2014
- IS The Gambia a Secular State. (ENGLISH). Organized by Political Science Students in (UTG) Brikama Campus 08/05/2014
EXPERIENCES IN TEACHING FIELD:
TEACHING AT THE UNIVERSITY LEVEL FOR ELEVEN YEARS:
1- Lecturing at The University of The Gambia since January 2011.to date (2018), teaching Islamic Studies in English and teaching Arabic Grammar & Morphology in Arabic
2- Lecturing at university level and The Higher Institute in education and formation of teachers in Islamic University of Niger, for nearly three years (from March 2008 to January 2011).
3- Teaching in many courses during the holidays in The Gambia (1993-2006).
4- Teaching in Islamic Institute, Brikama, The Gambia (in primary, secondary and high school levels, 1989-1991).
- An Imam of Juma Prayers (Friday Prayers) in (Zayed bin Thabit) Quranic Memorization Complex in Mandinary Village.
- – A Hajj Guide with The Gambia Hajj Commission 2011
- Guess lecturer at BRIKAMA Islamic Institute . The topic was: Gambian poetry in Arabic and Mandinka. 06/05/2014
- TV LECTURE ON KNOWLEDGE AND BELIEF, (IQRA) Programme (GRTS) 27/02/2014
- Exploring Islam (GRTS) 07/03/2014.
- Exploring Islam (GRTS) 13/06/2014.
- A PREACHER in Hiltop RADIO in Mandinka and English. Every Wednesday.
- A PREACHER in Al-Falah Radio in Mandinka. Every Sunday.
EDUCATIONAL, CULTURAL AND SOCIAL ACTIVITIES:
-A Translator from English into Arabic and vice versa
-A Supervisor of educational activities in Faculty of Arabic language and literary studies in Islamic University in Niger (2009-2010).
-A Supervisor of guides and preachers in tents of The Gambian pilgrims in Mina during The Hajj, and in Makkah and Medina, in collaboration with IMARI ESTABLISHMENT FOR DEVELOPMENT, under THE WORLD ISLAMIC League (2002-2007).
– President of The Gambia students union in Islamic University in Medina, K. S. A (2004-2007).
– Cooperation- in separate periods: 1996-2007- with King Fahad Quranic Complex in Medina in revising the meanings of THE Holly Quran in African languages:
1- revising the meanings of THE Holly Quran in ONko Language (Mandinka, Bambarang……) by Kanteh Sulaiman who invented special Alphabets for those Languages and translated THE Holly Quran into it.
2- revising Radio cassettes ” the meanings of THE Holly Quran in Jahanka mandika
Language” by Kemado Gassama, In Paris.
Edited by Dr. Abdoul Khadri Sillah (Ph.D)
Assistant Professor in Arabic language and Islamic studies
The University of The Gambia